What is Workplace Literacy?
Workplace literacy describes the reading, writing, communication and Maths skills necessary for your business’s everyday running; workplace literacy also includes digital and health literacy.
You may have members on your team who are highly motivated and intelligent but have yet to have the opportunity to nail down the mix of skills necessary for clear customer communication, record keeping, understanding and following health and safety directives and production schedules.
Booking your team for training will allow these team members to feel more connected and capable. Many employees who take this course report improvement in their ability to perform their jobs, relationships, and engagement within the community.
How Does It Work?
Each workplace is unique, and at Land Based Training, we recognise this by partnering with you first to understand the key issues you want to work on. Then, we tailor a programme specific to your needs so we can align your programme with your goals, vision and values.
Government funding is available for eligible workplaces, and the team at Land Based Training can assist you in accessing this funding. Our programme includes measurement of results and success, and we provide ongoing support so you can continue elevating your employee’s ability to contribute to the success of your business.
What Are The Benefits?
There are many benefits for you, your team and the long-term health of your business. Some benefits you may discover when you engage include elevated productivity, greater customer satisfaction, and fewer workplace incidents.
How do you know if your employees need this course?
Get in touch for a chat if you are dealing with these types of issues:
- Excessive customer complaints around communication or errors in product fulfillment processes
- Workplace accidents or near misses continue to occur despite your commitment to health and safety training.
- Basic errors occur frequently. Simple tasks are consistently incomplete or are completed below standard.
- Limited feedback from employees. Your employees may be shying away from communicating about decisions and problems and may be reluctant to make suggestions.
- Absenteeism and staff turnover are high; staff don’t want promotions offered. Employees stay home on days that are dedicated to training.
This course is tailored to suit the needs of your business; click on the Commitment and Delivery of Hours title below to better understand how this training is structured – or get in touch now.