This programme will help you figure out what it is you want to do and pathway you in that direction. The programme works with students to build confidence, develop life skills, increase numeracy and literacy and prepare you for your future.
- Create a professional CV
- Write a job specific cover letter.
- Numeracy and literacy
- Workplace health and safety
- Personal well-being
- Employment and interview skills.
- Job search skills
- Driver licencing training (where available)
Graduates of the programme will be able to:
- Identify employment opportunities, submit applications and prepare for interviews.
- Have an understanding of work place health and safety.
- Set and reflect on progress towards achieving personal and career goals.
- Organise, interpret, and communicate using basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Use self management strategies to maintain well-being and continue learning.
Graduates of this programme are able to move into employment or higher learning.
This programme is 20 hours a week and can run between 4-8 weeks depending on the needs of the learner.
- 16 years of age or over
- NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident
All applicants will be required to meet with the tutor or field officer of the programme they are applying for prior to starting – this will be an informal conversation which will include covering the programme expectations and getting a better understanding of suitability for the programme. Where there are more applicants than places available or the programme is not the best fit, a waiting list will be kept or our team will work with you to provide a suitable alternative. On completion of this conversation the tutor will assist with filling in the full application form to move into the next part if the enrolment process.