NZ Cert in Ag (Arable, Dairy & Livestock Farming) L4
TUITION FREE (eligibility criteria applies)
New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture (Level 4) with strands in Arable Farming, Dairy Farming, and Livestock Farming NZ2212
The purpose of this qualification is to provide the pastoral farming sector with individuals who have the skills and knowledge to take responsibility for the day to day operational management of a pastoral or arable farming production system.
This qualification is stranded in order to recognise the specific skills and knowledge required to take responsibility for the daily operations of an arable, dairy or livestock farm.
Learners will benefit by having a qualification within a training pathway that recognises progression through the industry, as well as increased skills and knowledge acquisition to enable improved job performance.
The pastoral farming sector will benefit by having a qualification pathway which recognises the development of skills and knowledge leading to farm management, and assists with industry succession planning and sustainability.
This qualification is targeted at people who are experienced workers in the agriculture industry and are looking to move into, or are at, a management level position in an agricultural production enterprise.
Graduates will be capable of working under broad guidance and may be supervising and directing others.
Graduates of the qualification will be able:
- Benchmark own farm physical performance against data from industry high performers
- Produce management reports on day to day activities for a farming production system
- Take responsibility for the day to day maintenance of vehicles, plant, machinery, and equipment
- Assist with the management of environmental impacts on the farm.
Graduates of the Dairy Farming strand will also be able to:
- Manage milk harvesting and milk quality for a dairy farm
- Implement a dairy livestock health plan
- Implement a dairy livestock breeding plan
- Implement a dairy livestock feeding plan
Graduates of the Livestock Farming strand will also be able to:
- Implement a livestock health plan
- Implement a livestock breeding plan
- Implement a livestock feeding plan
Applicants should demonstrate an ability to succeed in tertiary study, shown by the completion of any of the following qualifications and/or industry experience:
- National Certificate in Agriculture Level 3 and/or minimum two years prior experience within the industry.
Life Skills/Work Experience
Applicants who do not meet the academic entry criteria above may be admitted to the programme/course of study if they are able to demonstrate:
- Equivalent farming knowledge and skills; and/or
- Previous and relevant life skills or work experience; and/or
- Other formal or informal study such as to suggest the likelihood of successful course completion.
Strand: Beef Cattle Dairy Sheep
- ReviewCourses Name
- Total Credit Hours