Primary Industry Agriculture L2
FREE (eligibility criteria applies)
Vocational Pathways – Primary Industry (Agriculture) (Level 2) NZEP3T
This is an entry level programme for students with an interest in the farming industry.
The programme is aimed at teaching basic farming knowledge and skills to students with little or no experience in agriculture, so they can be successfully employed as junior farm employees in the cattle, dairy or sheep industries, and can proceed to higher levels of education within these industries.
Graduates will gain an entry level range of skills in agriculture.
Some of these skills will include the ability to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Livestock scanning
- Breeds and classes of cattle
- Safe handling and health problems of dairy cattle (dairy option)
- Hazards, hazard control, and consequences of injury in a rural workplace
- Knowledge and features, attributes, identification, and records for sheep (sheep option)
- 16 years of age and above at the time of commencing study or 15 with a school leaving certificate.
- Meet the relevant funding pool requirements for TEC
- ReviewCourses Name
- Total Credit Hours