This course focuses on the health and safety of chainsaw use. Suitable for those learning the use of a chainsaw to those industry experienced, requiring the accreditation.
Spaces are limited so register today by following the registration link or email [email protected]
Venue: 191 St Hill Street, Whanganui
Time: Prompt Start at 8:30am to approximately 4:30pm
Participants will need steel-capped footwear and sturdy clothing. All other PPE can be provided
Our course is designed as a 3 day contact course for industry use. A very practical course, training people in the safe use of chainsaws.
In line with “best practice” guidelines this course encompasses both theory and practical lessons that include:
- The factors and hazards in the use of chainsaws
- Maintaining chainsaws
- Demonstrate knowledge of use
- Personal safety whilst using chainsaws
- The operation of chainsaws
Unit Standards Achieved (Level 2)
- 6916 Demonstrate knowledge of the rules relating to chainsaw use
- 6917 Demonstrate basic chainsaw operation
Please note: A third day following the initial two days of training would need to be booked with all participants to be assessed in order to achieve accreditation.