Primary Industry Skills – NZ Cert L2
New Zealand Certificate in Primary Industry Skills (Level 2) NZ 2218
This is an introductory programme for people wanting a career and employment in agriculture or horticulture.
The aim of the programme is to provide a sound basis of education and training to assist learners into a career in agriculture/horticulture or further training.
People who have completed the New Zealand Certificate in Primary Industry Skills (Level 2) will be able to demonstrate fundamental knowledge and/or elementary skills relevant to various sectors of the agriculture.
Graduates will gain an entry level range of skills in agriculture or horticulture. These skills will include the ability to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Hazards, hazard control, and the consequences of injury in a rural workplace
- Safety when using agrichemicals
- Weed control and the use of agrichemicals
- Gather and record weather information
- Agricultural graduates will also be able to demonstrate knowledge and practical ability in:
- Fencing maintenance
- Fencing wire and knots
- Safe operation of a quad bike
- Identification and recording of cattle
Horticultural graduates will also be able to demonstrate knowledge and practical ability in:
- Plant propagation
- Planting of crops
- Soils and fertilisers
- Maintaining hand tools and service small engines
Graduate Profile Graduates of the qualification will be able to:
- Carry out practical production tasks associated with an entry level role in a primary industry context. Use safe work practices in a primary industry workplace.
- Learners will benefit by gaining recognition of their skills and entry into a training pathway leading to a range of careers in the primary sector.
- Meet student residence requirements
- Meet the relevant funding pool requirements
Delivery Method: Face to Face
- ReviewCourses Name
- Total Credit Hours