NZ Cert in Ag (Farming Systems) L3
New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture (Farming Systems) (Level 3) NZ2220
This programme is designed to provide the pastoral farming sector with graduates that have the knowledge and skills to assist, under limited supervision, with the management of all aspects of livestock production in a dairy, sheep or beef farming pastoral context.
Graduates of this programme will be able to:
- Apply theoretical knowledge of key farming inputs to pastoral farming systems.
- Assist with key livestock production tasks in a pastoral farming context.
- Utilise technology within pastoral farming systems.
- Assess and minimise risk to self, others and equipment.
- Apply theoretical knowledge of sustainable practices to pastoral farming systems
Applicants should demonstrate an ability to succeed in tertiary study, shown by the completion of any of the following qualifications or courses of study:
- National Certificate in Agriculture Level 2 and/or equivalent qualification or experience in the industry.
- Any qualification specified by the ITO or equivalent standards setting body
- A minimum of three years of secondary education; and/or
- 48 or more credits at NCEA Level 1, with no fewer than 12 credits in each of four subjects; and/or
- Step 3 Reading and Step 4 Numeracy on the Literacy and Numeracy for Adults
- Assessment Tool (LNAAT)
- ReviewCourses Name
- Total Credit Hours