Primary Industry Apiculture Level 3
New Zealand Certificate – Primary Industry Apiculture Level 3
This program gives students with an interest in the Apiculture / beekeeping industry. The program is aimed at teaching and facilitating bee husbandry, knowledge and practical skills to students with various levels of experience in apiculture. With a aim to become successfully employed as beekeepers in the Apiculture/beekeeping industry.
Full time: 22 weeks
Part time: 44 weeks
Graduates will gain skills in Apiculture. Some of these skills will include the ability to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Hive ware, assembly, repairing, and construction.
- Life cycle of bees.
- New Zealand beekeeping industry
- Bee diseases, disorders and pests, both local and exotic.
- Disease management
- Sit DECA course
- Queen rearing and much more…
- 16 years of age and above at the time of commencing study or 15 with a school leaving certificate.
- Meet the relevant funding pool requirements for TEC
- An interest in beekeeping and working outdoors.
- ReviewCourses Name
- Total Credit Hours